Neuromuscular Skeletal Therapy Course
Level 7 Diploma in Neuromuscular Skeletal Therapy
This programme is QQI Recognised at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and Aligned to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
This Qualification is an advanced course of study which prepares you for a professional career as a Neuromuscular Skeletal Therapist. You will be provided with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work with pathological and non-pathological muscle tissue and joints. This programme will develop your knowledge and understanding underpinning the practice of neuromuscular skeletal therapy and sports massage which will include areas such as complex assessment procedures, classification of sports injuries and stages of healing, planning, preparing and applying sports massage methods and advanced client assessment. This programme is comparable to Level 7 on The National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Ireland and has international recognition.
PREVIOUS QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
NFQ comparable Level 6/VTCT Level 4/ITEC Level 4 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy.
Conducting Complex Assessments for Neuromuscular Skeletal/Remedial Therapy and Sports Massage
- Sports specific postures and gait assessment procedures
- Principles and practice of complex assessment methods
- Devising advanced neuromuscular skeletal therapy and sports massage treatment plans
- Neurological presentations
- Standards of practice (evidence based practice, critical evaluation, client safety)
Applying Neuromuscular Skeletal/Remedial and Sports Massage Methods to Muscle and Joint Dysfunction
- Client screening/assessment and preparation
- Identifying bony and soft structures
- Complex neuromuscular skeletal/remedial and sports massage techniques (myofascial, positional release, PNF, active isolated stretching)
- Identifying tissue responses
- Appropriate Aftercare (mobility relevant to condition, proprioception, isometric strengthening, contraindications, precautions, side effects)
- Professional production, maintenance and storage of client records
20 hours of practice must be carried out during the training period and documented in a portfolio of evidence.
- Diploma in Neuromuscular Skeletal Therapy (NSC)
- RQF Level 5/NFQ Level 7 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (OFQUAL)
OFQUAL qualifications are comparable to level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Ireland and have international recognition.
Both NSC and OFQUAL qualifications allow graduates to obtain professional indemnity insurance to practice in Ireland and across Europe for approx. €150.
Course Fee: €900
€900 is our payment option which must be paid in full prior to the course start date. Course fees and examination fees must be paid in full prior to final assessments.
A course deposit of €150 must be paid to reserve a student place on this programme which can be completed by visiting www.gopay.ie and follow the on-site instructions.
Course fee includes registration, course notes, and certification.
Examination fees of €150 are due in the final week of training.
This course starts in September 2022.
Please note dates are subject to Government Recommendations regarding COVID-19 and educational institutes opening times.