Special Offer – 3 in 1
Gym Instructor / Group Fitness Instructor / Personal Trainer
NSC’s most popular training programme will prepare you for a career in the sport and active leisure industry as a Gym Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer.
Throughout this programme you will develop an understanding of anatomy, physiology, the principles of exercise and fitness, relevant health, safety and welfare considerations and client management in the fitness environment. You will also develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct gym-based exercise, teach a wide range of group fitness classes and create varied personal training programmes for healthy adults of all ages. You will also learn how to effectively support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
These qualifications are mapped to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RCF) UK and, through the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), recognised by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) (comparable to Levels 4 and 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Ireland). This qualification is also endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMPSA) UK. For more details on our 3-in-1 programme please visit the individual page descriptions for Gym Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer.
3-in-1: Our Most Popular Programme – Gym Instructor, Group Fitness (Studio) Instructor and Personal Trainer, for one special price – from only €2,500. Acquire the 3 Universally Recognised Qualifications in the Industry Today! This has been our most popular programme for many years and is highly recommended.
Our 3-in-1 Special Offer at €2,500 offers a saving of €300 when booked together as a package. Other course suppliers will often charge in excess of €3,000 and many do not offer the additional OFQUAL certification that NSC does.
Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise & Health
- Function & Structure of the Circulatory System
- Function & Structure of the Respiratory System
- Function & Structure of the Skeletal System
- Function & Structure of the Muscular System
- Function & Structure of the Digestive System
- Postural & Core Stability
- Energy Systems and their Relationship to Exercise
- The Endocrine System and its Relation to Exercise
- The Nervous System and its Relation to Exercise
Principals of Exercise, Fitness & Health
- Effects of Exercise on the Body
- The Components of Fitness
- Applying the Principles of Fitness to an Exercise Programme
- Contraindications and Key Safety Guidelines for Special Populations
- Monitoring Exercise Intensity
- Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- Importance of Healthy Eating
Principles of Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Key Nutritional Terms
- Function of the Metabolism
- Main Food Groups
- Body Composition Analysis
- Calculating Caloric Intake / % Nutrient Breakdown
- Nutritional Goal Setting
- Pre & Post Event Supplementation
Planning Gym Based Exercise/Resistance (Weight) Training
- Client Health Screening
- Planning Safe and Effective Exercise Programmes
- Client Data Records
Instructing Gym Based Exercise / Resistance (Weight) Training
- Professionalism in Fitness Instruction
- Preparing Gym Equipment for Use
- Instructing Gym Based Exercise
- Supervising, Supporting and Motivating Clients
- Machine Weight & Free Weight Training Programmes
- Exercise Progressions and Variations
Planning & Instructing Personal Training Programmes
- Resources required to deliver a Personal Training Session
- Approaching Consultations/Health Screening/Record Keeping
- Interpreting Health History
- Conditions Requiring Medical Clearance
- Goal Setting and Follow-Up Assessments
- Advanced Resistance (Weight) Training
- Advanced Flexibility Training
Supporting Clients who partake in Physical Activity
- Building Effective Working Relationships with Clients
- Addressing Barriers to Exercise/Physical Activity that Clients Experience
- Supporting Clients Participating in Exercise/Physical Activity
- Providing Ongoing Customer Service
Health, Safety & Welfare in the Fitness Environment
- Emergency Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Health & Safety Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Controlling Risks in a Fitness Environment
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- National Diploma in Personal Training (NSC)
- Certificate in Personal Training (OFQUAL)
- National Certificate Gym Instruction (NSC)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction – Gym Based Exercise (OFQUAL)
- National Certificate in Group Fitness Instruction (NSC)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction – Exercise to Music (OFQUAL)
- CPD Award in Exercise to Music
- CPD Award in Bootcamp Circuits (NSC)
- CPD Award in Step Aerobic Instruction (NSC)
OFQUAL qualifications are aligned to the National Framework of Qualifications (QQI Ireland) at levels 4 & 5 and endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMPSA) UK. NSC qualifications allow graduates to operate as professional Gym Instructors, Group Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers. Qualifications recognised by the fitness industry and industry insurance bodies.
Previous Qualifications Required: No previous qualifications required. Applicants must be computer literate as course notes are provided online and participants are required to submit project work via our online portal.
Course Tuition Fee: €2,500 (Including Course Notes & E-Books)
Exam Registration/Certification Fee: €300
€2,500 is our early bird option which must be paid in full prior to the course start date. The regular course fee of €2,800 can be paid over two installments during the programme. Course fees and examination fees must be paid in full prior to final assessments.
A non-refundable course deposit of €150 must be paid to reserve a student place on this programme. The balance/first installment of the course fee is due prior to the course start date.
Course fee includes registration, course notes and e-books.
Exam registration and certification fees of €300 (€100 per qualification) are due prior to online assignment grading or attending practical assessments.
This course starts in September 2022 and runs over a 6 month period. This is a blended learning programme which involves online lectures, video tutorials and written assignments, coupled with practical in-person sessions.
The following attendance days in Kildare are required while on this programme (2 contact days per month):
- Saturday September 24, 2022 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday October 8, 2022 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday October 22, 2022 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday November 5, 2022 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday November 19, 2022 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday December 3, 2022 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday December 17, 2022 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday January 7, 2023 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday January 21, 2023 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday February 4, 2023 (10am to 4pm)
- Saturday February 11, 2023 (10am to 4pm)
How to Apply
To apply, please email [email protected] to request an application form.