3 in 1 Plus+ Course
Gym Instructor + Group Fitness Instructor + Personal Trainer
Course also includes:
- Nutritional Coach
- Kettlebell Instructor
- Cardio-Kickboxing Instructor
- Step Instructor
- Bootcamp Instructor
NSC’s most popular training programme will prepare you for a career in the sport and active leisure industry as a Gym Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer.
Throughout this programme you will develop an understanding of anatomy, physiology, the principles of exercise and fitness, relevant health, safety and welfare considerations and client management in the fitness environment. You will also develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct gym-based exercise, teach a wide range of group fitness classes and create varied personal training programmes for healthy adults of all ages. You will also learn how to effectively support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
These qualifications are mapped to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RCF) UK and, through the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), recognised by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) (comparable to Levels 4 and 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Ireland). This qualification is also endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMPSA) UK. For more details on our 3-in-1 programme please visit the individual page descriptions for Gym Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer.
3-in-1 Plus+: Our Most Popular Programme – Gym Instructor, Group Fitness (Studio) Instructor and Personal Trainer PLUS 5 of the most popular CPD programmes, for one special price – from only €2,350. Acquire the 3 Universally Recognised Qualifications in the Industry Today along with the 5 most popular CPD programmes! This has been our most popular programme for many years and is highly recommended.
Our 3-in-1 Plus+ Special Offer at €2,350 offers a saving of over €1,000 when booked together as a package. Other course suppliers will often charge in excess of €4,000 for all of the above qualifications and many do not offer the additional OFQUAL certification that NSC does.
Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise & Health
- Function & Structure of the Circulatory System
- Function & Structure of the Respiratory System
- Function & Structure of the Skeletal System
- Function & Structure of the Muscular System
- Function & Structure of the Digestive System
- Postural & Core Stability
- Energy Systems and their Relationship to Exercise
- The Endocrine System and its Relation to Exercise
- The Nervous System and its Relation to Exercise
Principals of Exercise, Fitness & Health
- Effects of Exercise on the Body
- The Components of Fitness
- Applying the Principles of Fitness to an Exercise Programme
- Contraindications and Key Safety Guidelines for Special Populations
- Monitoring Exercise Intensity
- Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- Importance of Healthy Eating
Principles of Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Key Nutritional Terms
- Function of the Metabolism
- Main Food Groups
- Body Composition Analysis
- Calculating Caloric Intake / % Nutrient Breakdown
- Nutritional Goal Setting
- Pre & Post Event Supplementation
Planning Gym Based Exercise/Resistance (Weight) Training
- Client Health Screening
- Planning Safe and Effective Exercise Programmes
- Client Data Records
Instructing Gym Based Exercise / Resistance (Weight) Training
- Professionalism in Fitness Instruction
- Preparing Gym Equipment for Use
- Instructing Gym Based Exercise
- Supervising, Supporting and Motivating Clients
- Machine Weight & Free Weight Training Programmes
- Exercise Progressions and Variations
Planning & Instructing Personal Training Programmes
- Resources required to deliver a Personal Training Session
- Approaching Consultations/Health Screening/Record Keeping
- Interpreting Health History
- Conditions Requiring Medical Clearance
- Goal Setting and Follow-Up Assessments
- Advanced Resistance (Weight) Training
- Advanced Flexibility Training
Supporting Clients who partake in Physical Activity
- Building Effective Working Relationships with Clients
- Addressing Barriers to Exercise/Physical Activity that Clients Experience
- Supporting Clients Participating in Exercise/Physical Activity
- Providing Ongoing Customer Service
Health, Safety & Welfare in the Fitness Environment
- Emergency Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Health & Safety Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Controlling Risks in a Fitness Environment
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- National Diploma in Personal Training (NSC)
- Certificate in Personal Training (OFQUAL UK)
- National Certificate Gym Instruction (NSC)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction – Gym Based Exercise (OFQUAL UK)
- National Certificate in Group Fitness Instruction (NSC)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction – Exercise to Music (OFQUAL UK)
- CPD Award in Nutritional Coaching (NSC)
- CPD Award in Exercise to Music (NSC)
- CPD Award in Kettlebell Instruction (NSC)
- CPD Award in Cardio-Kickboxing & Box-Fit Training (NSC)
- CPD Award in Bootcamp Instruction (NSC)
- CPD Award in Step Aerobics (NSC)
OFQUAL qualifications are aligned to the National Framework of Qualifications (QQI Ireland) at levels 4 & 5 and endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMPSA) UK. NSC and OFQUAL qualifications are recognised by the fitness industry and industry insurance bodies and allow graduates to operate as professional Gym Instructors, Group Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers.
This primary programme of education is suitable for individuals with or without any prior qualification. The content is delivered to facilitate adult learners of mixed ability. Participants must be free from injuries or physical restrictions that may prevent them from participating in gym training or group fitness classes. Course participants must be members of a gym/health club in order to practice resistance training exercises and partake in group fitness classes. Course learners must be computer literate and have access to a computer with broadband availability. Course notes, powerpoints, e-books and assignments are only available online. Completed assignments are also required to be uploaded online.
Course Tuition Fee: From €2,350
Course tuition fee includes access to our online classroom, course notes, online teaching materials, e-books and the supply of equipment and materials for practical sessions.
Learner Registration, Assessment and Certification Fee: €300
€2,350 is our early bird option (€200 discount) which must be paid in full prior to the course start date. The regular course fee of €2,550 can be paid over 4 instalments during the programme at 0% finance. Course fees and examination fees must be paid in full prior to final assessments and grading of assignments.
A course deposit of €450 must be paid to reserve a student place on this programme.
Course Fee Option 1: Early Bird Tuition Fee = €2,350 (€200 discount)
- Course Deposit = €450
- Final Tuition Payment of €1,900 paid before courses start date.
- Learner Registration and Assessment Fee: €300 (due week 7 of the programme)
Course Fee Option 2: Standard Tuition Fee = €2,550
- Course Deposit = €450
- 4 Payments of €525 due September 30th to December 30th, 2023.
- Learner Registration, Assessment and Certification Fee: €300 (due week 7 of the programme)
This course starts September 2023 and runs over an 8 month period. This is a blended learning programme which involves online lectures, video tutorials and written assignments, coupled with practical in-person sessions. Your dedicated tutor will be there to support you all the way through your programme.
Course Start Date: September 30th, 2023. All contact dates occur on a Saturday at our centre in Kildare.
September 30th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review
October 14th & 28th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review
November 11th & 25th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review
December 9th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review
January 20th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review & Submissions/Assessment
February 3rd & 17th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review
March 2nd & 30th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review
April 13th & 27th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review
May 18th: Practical Training Day (10am to 4pm) plus Theory/Assignment Review & Submissions/Assessment
How to Apply
To apply, please email [email protected] to request an application form.
Limited Places Available
Our Special Offer 3-in-1 Plus+ programme only runs once a year from our Kildare location. Next course start date – September 30th, 2023. Student places are limited – early registration is advisable.